Construction, Walls Pt. 2 / by Kiwanda Sound Recordings

At this point in the process, we became forced to have to redo some things. As it turned out, mostly due to my lack of experience, that we'd have do everything twice. But, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
We had sized the window openings for the glass, without accounting for the frame. So, we pulled them down, reinforced the header and footer of the windows, and changed the lengths of the top to attach properly.

I added 2x6 boards to increase density in the corners as well. The frames were connected to the concrete with 5/8" wedge anchors and gaps were filled with the acoustical sealant. We had to push the tops of the frames over to make them as plumb as possible considering they were on a sloped floor.
I also had to fur out framing around the bathroom pipes, which is where the breaker box and master audio wall plates would be attached. The decoupling clips are also visible.

Transient
Transient
Transient
Transient